The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Outpatient Counselor II
at The Geo Group
Facility: SOUTHWOOD INTERVENTIONS
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsible for maintaining appropriate census through the scheduling, assessment and intake of clients, under the supervision of the Treatment Supervisor.
- Coordinates all admissions, to include; scheduling transportation, writing intake summaries, and taking care of any customer service needs.
- Works collaboratively with other departments to ensure that all admission and intake processes are completed.
- Ensures all required documentation is requested and obtained as required and maintains tracking system for all documentation.
- Maintains knowledge of the pharmacological effects of drugs and alcohol on patient health.
- Recognizes symptoms of the dually diagnosed patient.
- Communicates referral information to the treatment team.
- Develops therapeutic relationships with residents, significant others and providers; uses communication skills to engage them in the treatment process.
- Develops and maintains appropriate professional boundaries between self, staff, resident, and providers and identifies issues related to ethics and boundaries, as identified in the Code of Ethics.
- Tracks, Documents and edits reports that are sent to the customer.
- Responsible for developing and tracking all Correspondence sent to our Customers.
- Interacts with other agencies, professionals, and referral sources and presents a positive image of the facility and the organization.
- Effectively uses written, verbal, and non-verbal communication; uses clinically appropriate forms and records, accurately and timely documenting resident assessment planning and progress.
- Identifies opportunities for program improvement, uses appropriate improvement tools and techniques to address potential quality issues within the facility, and participates in quality improvement initiatives/activities.
- Identifies tasks to be completed in order of highest to lowest priority and behaviors that will not interfere with the ability to complete assignments.
- Promotes teamwork through collective effort and works cooperatively with team members.
- Maintains appropriate credentials and pursues internal and/or external training and development opportunities.
- Adheres to confidentiality requirements.
- Attends mandatory in-services.
- Knowledge of the procedures to follow in the event of an incident.
- Knowledge of job responsibility in emergency.
- Knowledge of responsibility regarding actions to minimize, eliminate, and report risks.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.
- The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- Bachelor ‘s degree in addictions, social work, psychology, or human services related discipline; CADC, LSW, LCSW, LPC, OR LCPC preferred. Experience working with the population of the hiring unit is preferred.
- Other Qualifications:
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances (Act 33 and 34, specific State & child clearances and, if necessary, FBI).
- Non-communicable diseases physical exam.
- Valid driver's license from employee’s state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Other Qualifications: