The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part Time LPN
at The Geo Group
Facility: WOODRIDGE INTERVENTIONS
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
Provides nursing intervention(s) to improve and maintain the physical and emotional health of patient(s). Performs nursing care activities under the supervision and/or direction of the Registered Nurse. Participates in the behavioral health treatment milieu program under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and in conjunction with the treatment supervisor.
- Identifies normal versus abnormal physical issues of patients and supports assessment.
- Recognizes change in patient physical and emotional status and reports appropriate information to the appropriate personnel.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the purpose of medication in treatment and assesses the patient for anticipated actions. Contraindications and side effects.
- Ensures patient safety by the reporting of incidents and medication errors.
- Participates in the revision of the treatment plan
- Monitors the self-administration program.
- Administers nursing care as directed and according to policy.
- Administers medications as indicated. Documents medication therapy and maintains appropriate records pertaining to controlled substances.
- Flexibility to adapt to schedule changes and assumption of responsibilities which are related to work as a member of an addiction or behavioral health treatment team.
- Transcribes or assists with the transcription of physician’s orders.
- Communicates accurate information regarding patient status.
- Updates the physician and interdisciplinary team regarding patient’s current and potential problems.
- Evaluates patient’s response and reaction (if any) to medications administered and documents the same.
- Informs the physician of patient response to medications and the medical treatment.
- Participates in and contributes to unit conferences and staff meetings.
- Promotes and participates in patient education.
- Transports patient to health appointments, as needed.
- Follows up on medical/psychiatric referrals.
- 5pm - 9pm 3x per week
The following educational requirements are acceptable for this classification including:
- Current licensure as a Practical Nurse in the State of Illinois and two (2) years of experience; two (2) years of experience working with chemically dependent or mentally ill patients preferred.
- Other Qualifications:
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Criminal clearances and background check.
- Valid driver's license from employee’s state of residence.
- Valid registered vehicle insurance.
- Other Qualifications: