The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: WOODRIDGE INTERVENTIONS
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
Responsible to conduct recreation therapy activities at the treatment site. Assists Senior Recreation Therapist with scheduled operations of art sessions, sports, team building activities, leisure education, milieu observation, physical fitness programming. Assists in the coordination of all volunteer based recreational activities. Participate in all clinical staffings and departmental meetings relevant to recreational therapy services
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assists in coordinating all volunteer-based recreational activities.
- Identifies potential conflicts in client interaction and make recommendations for crisis intervention.
- Assists and co-leads re
- Attends staffings, treatment team meetings, and management team meetings.
- creational activities to include: Art sessions; team sports; leisure education; team building; and physical fitness activities.
- Monitors client behavior in the milieu to promote safety and enhance personal growth.
- Documents client participation with clinical appropriate methods.
- Monitors and evaluates physical fitness programming in order to facilitate physical health.
- Develops and maintains appropriate professional boundaries between self, staff, patients, and all other professionals as identified in the Code of Ethics Policy.
Qualifications: (education, experience, certification & licensure)
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science Degree in Recreation Therapy.
- Certification as Recreation Therapy Specialist.
- CPR and First Aid Certification
- One (1) year of professional work experience