The McHenry County ROE
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
High School Guidance Counselor
at The McHenry County ROE
Job Reference #: 9049_0.6981
Categories: Education - Support Staff, Healthcare - Therapy/Rehab Services, Non-Profit/Social Services
Openings as of 3/19/2019
Student Support Services
- High School Guidance Counselor JobID: 9049
- Position Type:
Student Support Services/Guidance Counselor
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
Marian Central MARIAN CENTRAL CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL is committed to providing a challenging and engaging college preparatory educational experience for all its students that nurtures faith, imparts knowledge, and inspires achievement. Marian Central Catholic High School serves a community that expects student success, and Marian Central Catholic High School is a leader in academic excellence with top ratings at the state and national levels for outstanding student achievement. The community we serve – McHenry County - covers approximately 600 square miles and include an estimated 308,000 residents, with an enrollment of close to 700 students.
- Most importantly, the candidate is expected to adhere to all principles and tenets of the Catholic faith, to maintain a lifestyle that is in full accord with Church teachings, and to promote the best interests of his or her students and the Roman Catholic Church at all times.
- Master’s degree must be in school counseling, another counseling or related field
- Illinois Professional Educator License with the School Counselor preferred
- Evidence of strong communication and organizational skills
- Practicing Catholics preferred
- Meet with each student on caseload during the year in a guidance and counseling capacity to address their academic, career, and personal/social needs.
- Develop and deliver classroom guidance tailored to individual grade levels.
- Assist with the coordination and proctoring of the PSAT, Pre-ACT, ACT, SAT, Advanced Placement, and High School Placement testing sessions. Conduct a follow-up session concerning the interpretation of various tests with students.
- Coordinate evening programs with a focus on college preparation, ie. University of Notre Dame Information night, college financial aid program and college information night.
- Coordinate the submission of the previous year’s (as of 6/30) juniors’ unweighted GPA data to the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC) for consideration for the Illinois State Scholar Program.
- Participate in registration and scheduling of existing and incoming students, including participating in the promotion of the school for eighth graders.
- Serve the school staff in a supportive and advisory role.
- Maintain a high level of visibility in order to be known by students, parents, and others in an effort to create a good rapport with the various constituencies.
- Uphold the school’s mission, goals, rules and regulations, and serve as a positive force in the school community of faculty, students, parents, and support staff.
- Assume any other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the Guidance Director or the Principal.
Under the direction of the Guidance Director and Building Principal, counselor will assist students in adapting to the social, emotional, and academic challenges of high school.
Counselor will effectively perform the following duties in a timely manner.
Paid Insurance (major medical, dental, vision, and life); pension, sick leave, disability insurance, and social security.
Please visit our website to apply