Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Technology Innovation Lead
at UL LLC
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Category
- Information Technology
Other companies make products. We make a difference! Click Here!
Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World. At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
Under minimal supervision, leads the creation of measurable and sustainable programs for business/IT innovation. Partners with business and IT leaders to identify key opportunities for technology enablement. Performs independent research of new and emerging technologies.Recommends new technologies and new uses of established technologies with regard totechnological direction. Leverages knowledge of software development, business analysis,and IT infrastructure issues to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely and to driveinnovation.
- Experience leading high-profile projects requiring the need to balance strategic business need with the constraints of existing business systems and technology limitations.
- Leads the creation of programs and practices of sustainable technology-enabled innovation at UL.
- Ability to understand the end to end business process and connect the dots to effectively arrive at a solution that causes minimal disruption.
- Experience leading projects where “DATA” plays a major role
- Ability to articulate solutions to various stakeholders ranging from Architects with abstract thinking, Business stakeholders familiar with current business process, technical developers.
- Experience leading enterprise transformative projects that meet the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Drives initiatives to engage and partner with staff, clients, and other constituents to identify technology-enabled ideas, strategies, and business models that will differentiate UL from its competitors.
- Leads as a subject matter expert on innovation-related topics. Collaborates with business leaders to understand their key business issues and drivers. Partners with IT leadership and relationship managers to identify areas of opportunity for IT enablement.
- Establishes a structured framework for gathering, assessing, reviewing, and funding projects. Provides ‘step change’ innovation ideas using a ‘fast failure’ approach and other approaches as needed.
- Promotes and establishes standards, metrics, and goals for incremental innovation in existing systems and processes.
- Responsible for the implementation of key technology projects and process improvements in partnership with IT leadership.
- Work with Operations and Development team to deploy applications
- Troubleshoot production issues, engage appropriate parties, and drive through to resolution
- Assist with automation and deployment of applications in data center and Cloud
- Ensure high availability and 24x7 monitoring of the systems.
- University degree in Information Systems or a related discipline plus generally 8 -10 years directly related experience.
- Prior experience delivering IT solutions within an engineering business preferred.
- ITIL certification preferred
- Working knowledge of one or more SDLC methodologies.
- Experience leading teams and partners in a matrix organizational environment.
- Proven ability to handle multiple competing goals and projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of the importance of change management and how strategy, processes,people and technology work together for transformation purposes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- 5 years or more Experience with the following technologies is required
- Core JAVA, J2EE, SCALA, C++ , Python, .Net
- Big Data Technologies: HADOOP, HDFS, HBASE, PIG, HIVE , FLUME, MAPREDUCE, SOLR, SPARK, OOZIE
- REST API framework, API Authentication, DATA services
- Relational Databases : MYSQL, SQL server, Oracle
- Graph Databases – JENA, NEO4J, Mongo DB
- Cloud Technologies - Azure, AWS