Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Communications Analyst - Schaumburg, IL - 730462
at UnitedHealth Group
Position DescriptionPosition Description:
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum -a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 17 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Positions in this function design and coordinate company communications, including internal and/or external communications. Responsible for maintaining policies and procedures and monitoring company media, which may include company websites. May manage public relations activities, including public information and shareholder information services. Employees in jobs labeled with SCA must support a government Service Contract Act (SCA) agreement.
- Leads and oversees the customization, layout, and print production of all Catamaran clients, including but not limited to pharmacy ID cards, information kits, envelopes, mail service order forms, discount cards, Medicare Part D communications in accordance with the client's specific plan design and NCPDP, postal, and CMS regulations
- Coordinates production and distribution of special communication requests including but not limited to custom inserts, formularies, or miscellaneous custom materials
- Responsible for establishing print production timelines and reports on progress
- Responsible for print ordering and inventory management
- Serves as mentor to entry level personnel and all other personnel
- Oversees progress and assists in review of completed assignments
- Responsible for ongoing training / development of entry level personnel by reviewing procedural guideline and processes daily
- Responsible for reviewing departmental standard operating procedures
- Ensure team adheres to standard operating procedures and workflow process which include internal forms / documentation, systems, and metrics and provides guidance
- Reviews client files to ensure all files are current with the latest version of all materials and samples
- Maintains day to day vendor relationships
- Actively participates in periodic meetings with print vendors and internal management to discuss current vendor performance and also assists in developing new improvements and/or checks and balances which could improve production processes
- Works closely with vendors to coordinate fulfillment of shipping requests
- Follows up with vendors to track shipments, resolve other shipping issues and escalated issues
- Responsible for exploring optional specifications for individual jobs as necessary to help reduce printing costs and maximize production efficiencies
- Consults with management, appropriate staff, and vendors regarding design/production feasibility of specific requests
- Ensure documentation and adherence to organization marketing branding and standard guidelines
- Tracks, processes, and logs invoices
- Compares invoices against production reports to confirm accuracy of charges and adherence to vendor agreements
- Maintains awareness of pre - funded postage account balances, credits, and debits
- Initiates postage requests as needed
- Knowledge of eligibility processes and works with eligibility to validate successful load of eligibility files and monitor / coordinate ID card production
- Responsible for inventory management of all vendors
- Maintains tracking of materials used daily such as envelopes, paper stock, pre - printed stock, and formularies
- Initiates reorders as needed
- Ensures pricing is in line with contract fees and provides proof approvals for reprint orders
- High School Diploma / GED or higher
- Knowledge or previous experience with Photoshop / Illustrator
- Knowledge of basic layout and design concepts
- Bachelor degree or higher
- Experience in PBM setting
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Visio
- Project management experience
- Knowledge on Medicare Part D Marketing Guidelines and Compliance
- Print production experience
- Proofreading skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Able to Multi- task
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Communications Analyst, project management, profreading, photoshop, illustrator, print production, UnitedHealthGroup