Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, IT Quality - Optumrx, Info Systems - Schaumburg, IL - 720029
at UnitedHealth Group
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get: Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
OptumRx Quality Assurance supports over 100 applications in the PBM Domain within Optum. We ensure the software created to support the dynamic PBM business meets or exceeds our customer's expectations for quality. Join our team to have a positive impact on the lives of our members.
As a Manager IT Quality for Home Delivery you will lead the OptumRx Quality Assurance teams through the test planning, test execution and post deployment support phases for several projects per release. The ability to drive issue identification and resolution across the PBM functional domains is essential along with working closely with the PBM Business leadership and the IT Development leaders.
- Manage a geographically distributed team working concurrently on several projects, each with specific delivery targets that may differ from project to project
- Ensure that quality processes and timelines are carried out through all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Partner with business resources, systems analyst, designers and programmers to create/analyze required project documents and ensures that quality assurance processes and timelines are incorporated
- Communicate and interact with appropriate areas on problems, changes and enhancements that may impact data, workflow and /or functionality
- Manage teams accountable for analyzing system requirements and technical specifications to create and execute test cases for complex business initiatives
- Ensure consistent processes are followed to plan, document, evaluate and track test results to ensure system applications are free from defects
- Drive defect resolution across the various disciplines (Analyst, development, database, quality) to ensure on time completion of testing
- Assist business users in defining User Acceptance Testing, test cases and plans
- Ensure defined standards for test definition, execution and defect resolution are consistently followed
- Ability to research test cases and defects in a test tool such as HP Quality Center/Test Director, IBM Rational, Rally
- Lead teams through walkthroughs, inspections, reviews and business meetings
- Active leadership during production implementations and post deployment quality assurance activities
- Comply with standards of the software development life cycle and follow strategies, plans and procedures defined by Optum Technology
- Work in a waterfall, agile or hybrid waterfall/agile SDLC
- Undergraduate degree in applicable area of expertise or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in an Analyst, Developer or Quality assurance role working on complex software programs
- Experience managing a technical team of 10 or more resources, in a virtual team from a Global perspective (primarily North America, India)
- Understanding of all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle, driving improvements in quality of outcomes, efficiencies and risk assessments
- Managed in a waterfall, agile SDLC environments
- Experience leading a team to resolve defects within the defect lifecycle (detection, reporting, analysis, correction, validation)
- Quality Assurance management experience
- QA tool capabilities - HP Quality Center, IBM Rational , Rally
- Healthcare Industry experience
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Proficiency with MS Visio
- Relational database experience
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Quality, SDLC, QA, Schaumburg, IL