Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Network Security Engineer - Option Care
The position(s) described here are for Option Care (previously known as Walgreens Infusion Service), a former subsidiary of Walgreen Co. (“Walgreens”). Option Care became a new independent, privately-held company on 4/7/2015 following the acquisition of a majority interest in the company by Madison Dearborn Partners, a leading private equity firm based in Chicago. Walgreens will retain a significant minority interest in the new company and will have representatives on the company’s board of directors. As such, Walgreens will continue to have a role in ensuring the future success of the new company.
Under general direction, responsible for designing, developing, analyzing, troubleshooting, and documenting computer network security infrastructure (Cisco and CheckPoint Systems). Responsible for design and feature enhancements to keep systems running smoothly. Ensures that network operations are safe and efficient by monitoring network performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components and responding to network connectivity issues related to firewall/VPN/SSL infrastructures. Participates and may lead major network projects to support capacity growth, upgrades and new products/features, and integration. Assists in the planning, forecasting and implementation, and identification of resource requirements for network systems. Responsible for evaluating current network security systems.
Additional job responsibilities:
- Designs, implements, and maintains network security and network systems including LAN/WAN, VPN, IPSEC, and Firewalls. Provides on-call support for network systems and infrastructure.
- Engineers security solutions and standards based on requirements, best practices, and technical knowledge. Provides analysis and recommendations for the evolution and enhancement of the enterprise network security.
- Participates in network security planning and network engineering. Assists in the planning, forecasting and implementation, and identification of resource requirements for network systems of moderate complexity. Participates and leads major network projects to support new initiatives, capacity, life-cycle management, upgrades, new products/features, and integration.
- Performs scopes of work as detailed in implementation plans assigned, such as, system builds, test plans, documentation, and training. Performs security reviews and audits to help the IT Security organization with network security issues.
- Implements and deploys data and network security projects, Change Management, ongoing maintenance activities, and network engineering support. Participates in the diagnosis, isolation and resolution of network problems. Identifies and documents the root cause.
- Enforces network security strategies and procedures. Evaluates current network security systems. Ensures compliance with change control processes and adherence to standards.
- Implements, monitors, and troubleshoots Cisco or Checkpoint firewall filters, Cisco access lists and other network security features. Develops and implements network mitigation strategies and offer 24X7 on-call responses during security incidents.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 5 years of experience in IT Infrastructure/Network environments.
- At least 5 years of experience working in networking systems, network/information security or information technology, in one or more of the following: Cisco ASA, Checkpoint firewalls; Network load balancing, such as F5 or Cisco; IP network and routing; IDS/IPS, HTTP, TCP, DNS; Defense in depth security; Wireless network security.
- Experience performing network engineering, including design, planning, and implementation, with a strong focus on security in a corporate enterprise environment.
- Project management experience, including developing project scope and plan.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science or Engineering.