Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vice President Marketing - Option Care
The position(s) described here are for Option Care (previously known as Walgreens Infusion Service), a former subsidiary of Walgreen Co. (“Walgreens”). Option Care became a new independent, privately-held company on 4/7/2015 following the acquisition of a majority interest in the company by Madison Dearborn Partners, a leading private equity firm based in Chicago. Walgreens will retain a significant minority interest in the new company and will have representatives on the company’s board of directors. As such, Walgreens will continue to have a role in ensuring the future success of the new company.
As part of the new organization, Option Care will need to stand up a new Marketing function led by a new Vice President of Marketing. The Vice President of Marketing is responsible for aligning the team / effort to develop strategies and tactics that differentiate WIS with four key customer segments: (1) Payers/Health Systems (2) Referral Sources (3) Manufacturers and (4) Patients.
The incumbent will lead a marketing team of three individuals, partnering in matrix environment with clinical, operations, managed markets and sales to build strategy and tactics across marketing mix to achieve business objectives. The incumbent will be a member of the commercial leadership team, including a Vice President of Managed Markets and 10 Area Vice Presidents of Sales & Market Development.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Leads the planning process and team, development of the integrated marketing strategy and plan to ensure the attainment of business objectives
- Responsible for agency selection, relationship and management within team
- Serves as marketing liaison to Walgreens marketing for collaborative strategies, marketing or promotion
- Leads the development and execution of marketing processes and tools that effectively communicate value proposition aligned with company strategy
- Communicates across organization leadership to ensure the integrated marketing strategy and execution plan are socialized and supported. .
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- While role is a leadership position, the position requires significant initiative, engagement in marketing projects including personal responsibility for some.
Required Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 10 years’ experience in health care marketing, consulting, strategic and/or promotional marketing planning.
- Experience leading the strategy and budget planning process for the marketing team to ensure strategies and tactics are aligned to business objectives, informed by key stakeholders and managed within approved budget.
- Demonstrated experience and success working with health and economic outcomes data to build and communicate a differentiating value proposition with documented success in the market.
- Previous direct experience building strategy and tactics for promotion to payers, health systems and physicians.
- Experience building digital strategy, online presence as well as digital/online oriented customer relationship management (CRM) platforms for either consumers/patients or health care providers.
- Experience leading a team in a matrix, cross-functional environment.
- Experience leading a mix of employees, consultants, and contractors.
- Advanced Microsoft skills as position effective resource utilization for internal and external communications.
- At least 7 years’ experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
- At least 5 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and budgets.
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).#LI-POST
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business
- MBA/Master’s Degree
- Prior Sales experience