YMCA of Metro Chicago
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at YMCA of Metro Chicago
- Fry YMCA
- Fitness, Health, Wellness
- Variable Schedule
Provides individual, small group and/or class instruction in fitness program development, strength, cardiovascular training and wellness.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Designs and implements safe, effective and enjoyable fitness programs that will meet the unique needs and wants of each member.
- Plans and instructs individuals, small groups or classes with a personalized approach following YMCA standards and guidelines.
- Contacts members on a regular basis to follow-up on progression of their fitness program.
- Keeps accurate records of members’ progress.
- Discusses and promotes all YMCA programs. Motivates members to commit to long term participation.
- Ensures safe and effective workouts. Responds to, and reports, accidents, incidents, and equipment problems.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings as required. Maintains current certifications.
Child Abuse Prevention
Supports the YMCA’s commitment to child abuse prevention by:
- Reporting any items that may provide a health or safety hazard to staff, members or guests to your supervisor
- Following all policies and procedures related to keeping children safe in our facilities and programs, including those related to the monitoring and supervision of children
- Reporting any suspicious behavior and violation of policy and procedures to your supervisor
- Completing all child abuse prevention training as required
Commitment to Inclusion
Supports the YMCA’s commitment to inclusion of all members as required by Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act. Job responsibilities may include implementing program modifications for persons with cognitive, behavioral or physical disabilities, including but not limited to the injection of medical glucagon to members with Type 1 diabetes in emergency situations. Appropriate training and development will be provided to YMCA team members based on your role and responsibilities.
You are the “Y”.
We're more than a gym—we are a community committed to strengthening bodies, minds and neighborhoods. The mission of the YMCA of Metro Chicago is to develop strong children, families and communities across Metropolitan Chicago through fitness and healthy living, academic readiness, character development, and violence prevention. Our network of 23 membership centers across the city and suburbs, five camps, early learning, school-aged and other programs provides everyone with a safe place to learn, play and grow.
Leverage your passion for fitness to be an integral part of ensuring the YMCA continues to be a leader in making our city a world-class place to live. Our personal trainers don’t have quotas, do marketing and sales or need to seek out new clients. They can be exclusively focused on the health and well-being of their clients, with the majority of clients assigned for 6 months to 2 years. Earn a highly competitive “per session” rate and take advantage of our onsite training to maximize your skills in:
Weight and nutrition management
Injury prevention and rehabilitation
Progress monitoring and record keeping
Providing clients with habit forming progression
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent with at least a year of Personal Training experience.
- Current CPR and First Aid certifications.
- NASM, ACSM, ACE, or AFAA highly recommended at time of hire.
- YMCA Principles of Health and Fitness and Strength Training certification must be obtained within 90 days of hire.
- Working knowledge of preventative health and fitness programs and philosophy.
- Ability to motivate and lead members.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations.
- Ability to work with varying fitness levels and ages.